Angel School Terms & Conditions
1.ANGEL SCHOOL COURSES AND SERVICES
1.1 AngelSchool Courses. AngelSchool offers courses on an online platform to assist aspiring investors to understand, develop and scale their venture capital investments, whether made individually or through investment syndicates, which include (but are not limited to):
- group courses for small focus groups comprising multiple scheduled sessions; and
- ad hoc events, workshops, seminars and webinars,
(being each, an “AngelSchool Course”), and any other related services which AngelSchool may introduce at any time and from time to time (being, the “Services”).
1.2 Cancellation and Modification of Services. AngelSchool reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, reschedule, update or modify any AngelSchool Course and/or any other Services at any time, such right to be exercisable at the sole discretion of AngelSchool.
1.4 Separate Terms. Additional and/or separate terms as determined by AngelSchool at its sole discretion may apply to any particular AngelSchool Course and/or other Service and any participation by a Participant in such AngelSchool Course and/or engagement of such Service by a user of such Service shall be subject to strict compliance with such additional and/or separate terms, which in the event of any inconsistency with these Terms, shall prevail over these Terms.
2.1 Accessing Eligibility. AngelSchool reserves the right in its sole discretion to accept or decline any applicant into an AngelSchool Course and/or providing any Service to any party after conducting an evaluation by such means as AngelSchool may determine including but not limited to, applications and interviews.
2.2 Removal. AngelSchool reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove anyone from an AngelSchool Course, or cease providing any Service to such person, at any time, and for any reason, including, but not limited to, lack of payment, or other violations of these Terms or if we deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of others. If such removal occurs, you will not be entitled to any refund, payment, or compensation for unused or missed Services or costs that result from the termination of participation.
3. PAYMENT TERMS
Participation in any AngelSchool Course and/or access to and use of any Service will be subject to certain fees which are more particularly set out in the Website and/or separately notified by us in writing to you. You will be notified of the relevant fees for each Service and the following payment terms shall apply:
- all fees are inclusive of any applicable goods and services tax or value added tax;
- fees may be paid in such manner as may be notified by AngelSchool to you in writing including, but not limited to, wire transfers or bank transfers using such methods as AngelSchool may determine, other digital payments and/or by way of credit card, debit card and/or other payment card (“Payment Card”);
- you are responsible for notifying us of any changes to your Payment Card details and to update your information if your Payment Card has expired. We may suspend, terminate and/or otherwise interrupt your access to the Services or any portion thereof if you fail to so notify us;
- where applicable, you are responsible and liable for any costs and expenses, including attorney and collection fees, that AngelSchool may incur in its efforts to collect any outstanding payments due from you. This paragraph will in no way limit any other remedies available to AngelSchool; and
- you are required to notify us of any billing problems or discrepancies within thirty (30) days after they first appear on your Payment Card statement by sending a written notice to email@example.com. If you do not so notify us within the time allowed, you waive any right to dispute such problems or discrepancies.
4. REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All requests for cancellations and/or refunds will be accessed on a case-by-case basis and any decision relating to refunds shall be at the sole discretion of the Company. If you wish to request a cancellation and/or refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with sufficient details of your request, including the relevant Service for which you are requesting a cancellation/refund and your reason for such request.
5. YOUR ACCOUNT
5.1 You may be required to create an account on our Website to participate in any AngelSchool Course and/or the Service. By completing the registration procedures displayed on the registration page(s) of our Website, you acknowledge, agree and represent that you are providing, and you will maintain, accurate, current and complete information for your account, including as applicable, your name, contact details, and payment information. You agree not to impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password or other account information, or another person’s name, image, photo or likeness. You agree that we may take steps to verify the accuracy of information you provide.
5.3 We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the suspension or termination, with or without notice, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole and absolute discretion, of the accounts of users who violate these Terms, are repeat infringers of copyright, or engage in, encourage or advocate for offensive, abusive, or illegal conduct. If your account is terminated for cause, you are not entitled to any refund for any amounts paid to AngelSchool for any AngelSchool Course and/or any Service.
5.4 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and you are responsible for all activities under your account that you can reasonably control. You may not share your password or other login information with any person; any use of your account by any person other than yourself is grounds for suspension or termination of your account. You agree to promptly notify us of any unauthorised use of your username, password or other account information, or of any other breach of security that you become aware of involving your account or the Services. You agree not to use the account, username or password of any other account holder at any time. AngelSchool will not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge and/or your failure to comply with this clause.
5.6 You may terminate your account at any time and for any reason, by notifying us by email at email@example.com, but any such termination will be effective only after AngelSchool has processed the request. AngelSchool will process the request as soon as is reasonably practicable for AngelSchool.
6. COMPLIANCE WITH HOUSE RULES, POLICIES AND LAWS
6.1 You must only use the Services for lawful purposes, and you must not participate in any AngelSchool Course and/or use any Service in a way that infringes the right of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone one’s enjoyment of any such AngelSchool Course and/or Services.
6.2 In your participation in any AngelSchool Course and/or use of any Service, you will be required to comply with any house rules, code of conduct or policies as AngelSchool may impose from time to time by written notification to you. You also have the duty to ensure that your conduct and behaviour whilst participating in any AngelSchool Course and/or use of any Service complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
6.3 If you fail to comply with AngelSchool’s house rules, code of conduct, policies, or any provisions of these Terms and Conditions, AngelSchool reserves the right, without prejudice to its other rights, suspend or terminate your participation in any AngelSchool Course and/or the provision of any Service to you without liability to you, and you shall not be entitled to any refund for any amounts paid to AngelSchool for the unutilised portion of any such AngelSchool Course and/or Service.
7.1 AngelSchool shall at all times keep confidential and not disclose to any third-party confidential information except as permitted by this Clause 7 and for the purposes of performing our obligations under these Terms, and agrees to protect the confidential information with security measures and a degree of care that would apply to our own confidential information.
7.2 Notwithstanding Clause 7.1 above, AngelSchool may disclose confidential information:to its Affiliates and third-party payment providers;
- to its officers, directors, employees, auditors, advisors, subcontractors and other persons providing services to it where (provided that such person is under a duty of confidentiality in relation to the confidential information, professional, contractual or otherwise) to the extent necessary for AngelSchool to perform its obligations under these Terms;
- where requested or required by law, regulation and/or any court of competent jurisdiction or any competent banking, taxation, judicial, governmental, supervisory, regulatory or equivalent body; and
- to any other person where necessary for the performance of its obligations under these Terms with your consent.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
8.1 You expressly acknowledge and agree that your participation in any AngelSchool Course and/or your access to and use of the Services is subject to the intellectual property provisions set out in this Clause 8.
8.2 AngelSchool’s Intellectual Property Rights.
- All AngelSchool Courses and Services, the Website, any software and all materials, including but not limited to photographs, illustrations, videos, data, text, images, logos, maps, plans, literary and all representations, information and all works in any media or format whether relating to activities, programmes, products, AngelSchool Courses and/or Services offered by AngelSchool and/or its Affiliates (the “Content”) are proprietary to and are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property”) owned, licenced to or controlled by AngelSchool and/or its Affiliates;
- Where you have been validly authorised by us to use any Content or other materials owned or licensed by us only after you become validly authorised by us, we grant you a limited, personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license solely to access and use such Content and/or other materials for the specified purpose and duration and FOR YOUR PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY;
- Except as otherwise expressly provided and agreed to in writing by AngelSchool, you are strictly prohibited from using, uploading, downloading, recording, copying, reproducing, re-publishing, transmitting, communicating, distributing, disseminating, decompiling, disassembling, modifying, adapting in any way, the Content or any part thereof; and
- You are prohibited from, and expressly agree that you will not: (i) circumvent or disable any content protection system, digital rights management technology, user and/or country limitations or any other technology used with any AngelSchool Course, any Service and/or any Content; (ii) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce any Content to a human-readable form; (iii) remove identification, warnings, disclaimers, disclosures, copyright or other proprietary notices in or to the Content; (iv) access or use any Content in an unlawful or unauthorised manner or in a manner that suggests an association with us, our products, services or brands, unless you have an executed agreement with us that allows for such activity; (v) use, alter, copy, modify, store, sell, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, publicly perform, display, post, transmit, create derivative works of, or exploit any Content or any part thereof, except as expressly authorised in these Terms; (vi) introduce a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tamper with, impair or damage any Content, our Website or other connected network, or interfere with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of any Content, participation in any AngelSchool Course, use of any Service and/or our Website; (vii) access, monitor, or copy any element of any Content and/or our Website using a robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or manual process without our express written permission; or (viii) sell, resell, or make commercial use of any Content, AngelSchool Course and/or Service, unless you have an executed agreement with us that expressly allows for such activity.
- AngelSchool retains all rights, title and interest in all Intellectual Property in the Content and all concepts, systems, whether written or graphic and all other materials produced by or on behalf of AngelSchool, including those on the Website.
8.3 Participant’s Intellectual Property Rights.
- You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain full ownership of the intellectual property rights in and to all materials that you upload, publish or display in the course of any participation in any AngelSchool Course and/or use of any Service and/or the Website (“Your Content”); and
- You, or your licensors, as applicable, grant AngelSchool a non-exclusive, royalty-free, right and licence (including a right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute Your Content.
9. PERSONAL DATA
9.1 You hereby acknowledge and agree that personal data relating to you (including without limitation any personal data which you provide to us at the time of submitting your application on our Website and any Payment Card details) may, to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in connection with the Services, be collected, processed and used by AngelSchool and its Affiliates.
9.3 You acknowledge that certain Services will involve interaction and communication with other Participants and individuals in a group setting, whether via text messaging apps, video conferencing software or any other means. In this respect:
- you may have access to the personal data of other Participants and/or AngelSchool customers, and you expressly acknowledge and undertake that you shall not use personal data belonging to any other person in any manner whatsoever without that individual’s express consent. If you are found to have used others’ personal data in any manner without the necessary permission, AngelSchool reserves the right to take appropriate action against you; and
- by providing your personal data in such group communications, you acknowledge that other Participants and/or AngelSchool customers may have access to your personal data and that AngelSchool does not have control over how individual customers may use your personal data. We encourage you to exercise reasonable caution when disclosing any personal data in group communications. AngelSchool is committed to protecting your privacy, and if any Participant and/or AngelSchool customer is found to have used personal data belonging to any other person in any manner without the necessary permission, AngelSchool reserves the right to take appropriate action against such Participant and/or AngelSchool customer.
10.1 You acknowledge and agree that the Website, AngelSchool Courses and the Services are offered without warranties of any kind whatsoever by AngelSchool and/or the providers of any Content, AngelSchool Courses and/or the Services. The disclaimer of warranties includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- although AngelSchool provides the AngelSchool Courses and its Services with your personal development in mind, AngelSchool makes no warranty that you will obtain specific results therefrom. Any past performance, projection, forecast or simulation of results is not necessary indicative of the future or likely performance of any investment; any individual results using the Services may vary;
- while we use all reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Website, AngelSchool does not warrant and hereby disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law, any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, of the Content including in particular the use of any representations and images. AngelSchool assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors, omissions or completeness of the information provided in the content of the Website. Information provided is subject to change at any time without prior notice;
- the Website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind and AngelSchool does not warrant that the functions provided on the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or free from computer viruses or other harmful components, or unauthorised software, or that any defects will be corrected;
- while AngelSchool shall use our best endeavours to prevent any unauthorised entry to the Website, we shall not be liable for any damages or losses whatsoever or howsoever caused to you if any third party gains unauthorised access to the Website;
- any material which you download, or otherwise obtain through the use of the Website (such actions being strictly prohibited), is done at your own discretion and risk and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data or other liability that may result from the download of any such material. Neither AngelSchool nor any of its Affiliates shall be liable or responsible for any computer virus, malware, communication line failure, interception of online communication, software or hardware problems (including without limitation to loss of data or compatibility problems), theft, destruction to your computer system or any other losses or damage resulting directly or indirectly from access to or use of the Website, or any uploading, downloading of any Content or information (all of which are not authorised) from the Website;
- the Website may contain links to other websites and pages which are not controlled, maintained or endorsed by AngelSchool. By clicking on or activating such links, you acknowledge that the AngelSchool is not responsible for the consequences of your activities on the third-party websites and is not liable in any way whatsoever to you. AngelSchool does not represent or exercise control over such third party and such third party is neither an agent nor servant of AngelSchool. Any data or any information which you give to any other entity after leaving the Website is entirely at your own risk. AngelSchool and its Affiliates shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from your access, use or other actions including by reason only of hyperlinking to such other websites. All hyperlinks to such other websites are provided as a convenience to you, and AngelSchool and its Affiliates are not associated or Affiliated, unless expressly stated to be so, in any manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia, other intellectual property rights or devices, which appear on such other websites;
- no data transmissions over the Internet or via wireless networks can be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, AngelSchool cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any information and/or communication you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk; and
- the Website and the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and AngelSchool expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, with respect to the Services and any third party websites with which they are linked.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
11.1 To the fullest extent permitted by law, AngelSchool is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection (whether directly or indirectly) with your use of the Website and/or the Services. Accordingly, you hereby release AngelSchool and all of its Affiliates (and its agents, representatives, parent company, related companies and associated companies, subsidiaries, and legal and other professional advisors) from all claims, losses, damages and/or liability in respect of any losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website and/or the Services.
11.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, AngelSchool shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from your access to or use of or inability to access or use of the Website, participation in AngelSchool Courses and/or use of the Services; in no event shall AngelSchool 's aggregate liability for all claims related to any AngelSchool Course and/or Service exceed the total amount of fees received by AngelSchool from you strictly in connection with such relevant AngelSchool Course and/or Service in relation to which such claim arises.
You agree to indemnify and hold AngelSchool and each of its Affiliates including, its directors, officers, employees and its agents, representatives, parent company, related companies and associated companies (collectively, the “Affiliates”), harmless from any claim, loss, damages, demand or costs (including solicitors’ fees on a full indemnity basis) which AngelSchool and/or any of its Affiliates may suffer or incur due to or arising out of in connection with:
- your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms;
- your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your membership, of any Intellectual Property or other right of any person or entity;
- your violation of any law, regulation or rights of any third party; and/or
- otherwise in connection with these Terms and your use of the Website and/or the Services.
13. GENERAL PROVISIONS
13.1 Feedback. Any questions, comments, suggestions, feedback and/or information which is sent to us via the Website or via email will be deemed to have been provided voluntarily on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. AngelSchool reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere on the internet or on any written form, such information, including but not limited to, disclosing such information to its Affiliates in connection with the development and marketing of the AngelSchool Courses and/or other Services.
13.2 Access to Website. AngelSchool reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to the Website to any person, or to block access from any internet source or address to our Website at any time in its sole discretion, and without providing any notice or reason.
13.3 Modification and Discontinuation of Services. AngelSchool reserves the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently all or any part of the Website and/or the Services, with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of the Website and/or any Services.
13.4 Force Majeure. AngelSchool and its Affiliates shall not be liable to you or any other party, or be deemed to be in default, for any loss, damage or expense arising from any delay or non-performance under these Terms resulting from acts beyond its control, including without limitation (i) fire, accident, epidemics, infectious diseases, any law, order, proclamation, regulation, demand or requirement of any government or administrative agency strikes or other causes whatsoever (whether similar to the above or not) beyond the reasonable control of AngelSchool, (ii) acts of God (i.e. extraordinary or unforeseeable manifestation of the forces of nature beyond the powers of human intervention, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, typhoons and earthquakes), or (iii) war or armed conflict or acts of terrorism, which include disruption of civil authority, transportation or communication services.
13.5 Terms. These Terms (as may be modified from time to time) shall remain in full force and effect for so long as they are posted on the Website or until terminated by AngelSchool.
13.6 Modification of Terms. AngelSchool reserves the right to modify, add, vary or amend all or part of these Terms from time to time without prior notice to you. Your use of the Website and any of the Services after such changes are posted on the Website shall be deemed an agreement by you to these Terms as modified. You also acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to monitor the Website for the posting of modifications and to review such modifications on a regular basis. If you do not agree to be bound by any future modifications of these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to cancel your membership and discontinue your use of the Website and the Services.
13.7 No Waiver. No failure, delay, relaxation or indulgence on the part of AngelSchool in exercising any power or right conferred upon it in these Terms shall operate as a waiver of such power or right, nor shall any single exercise of any such power or right preclude any other or future exercise thereof, or the exercise of any other power or right under these Terms.
13.8 Severability. If any provision of these Terms is held or interpreted by any governmental authority or a court of competent jurisdiction, to be illegal or invalid under present or future laws or regulations effective and applicable during the term of these Terms, such provisions shall be fully separable and these Terms shall be construed as if such illegal or invalid provision had never comprised a part of these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the illegal or invalid provision or by its severance from these Terms.
13.9 Third Party Rights. Except for all Affiliates of AngelSchool and its Affiliates, no other person shall have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce or enjoy any benefit under these Terms. Notwithstanding anything in these Terms, the consent of any third party is not required for any variation (including any release or compromise of any liability under) of these Terms.
13.10 Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and AngelSchool with respect to your use of the Website and/or the Services and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, negotiations, representations, warranties, understandings, correspondence and all other communications (whether written or oral, express or implied) or arrangements entered into between AngelSchool and/or its Affiliates in respect of the matters dealt with in these Terms. No promise, inducement, representation or agreement other than as expressly set forth in these Terms has been made by AngelSchool and/or its Affiliates.
13.11 Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
13.12 Dispute Resolution. The courts of Singapore have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and your use of the Website and/or the Services (including a dispute regarding the existence, validity or termination of these Terms (a “Dispute”).